Friday, August 20, 2010

Make-up Artist? Easy Question! WILL Pick Best Answer!=]?

How old do you have to be to get a make-up artist license? Were do you get one?





I need to know because (I'm 14), but I would like to get my make-up artist license as soon as I can. I'm GREAT with make-up I get complements all the time asking were I got it done, etc, I do my friends make-up all the time, my sister who is getting married next year wants me to be the make-up artist for her and all her bridesmaids (I'm her Maid of Honor)! I even got offered a job as a make-up artist at a local place (they didn't know I was 14)....





So how old do you have to be? Etc. Please feel free to add anything!


Will pick Best Answer.=]Make-up Artist? Easy Question! WILL Pick Best Answer!=]?
you have to have a high school diploma, or a GED to get one/become a makeup artist. after i graduate high school i'm going to MUD makeup school. but waiting for that to happen, you should definitly continue doing your friends/sister/who evers makeup. congrats on being wanted to do your sisters makeup for her wedding, that is awsome.





go to mudmakeup.com for more reassurance. but you still have to have your high school diploma or a GED. goodluck though =)Make-up Artist? Easy Question! WILL Pick Best Answer!=]?
Well, I'm pretty sure you have to be at least 17 or 18.


BUT it depends on the state you live in.


You can find more information here:


http://www.beautyschooladvisor.com/make-鈥?/a>



i dont think you have to be any specific age, although for certain places you would prob need to be at least 16 just to work there, but who knows. i dont know where you live but find out the laws in your area. for some places you will need to have an esthetician license to touch faces of clients in a salon, but in a mall or something like that, im pretty sure you dont need anything. there are certain makeup artistry schools. let me know where you live and ill see if i can help you find any. also, do you have a portfolio of things youve done? if not get started on that right away. do before and afters included in each one. and the more broad your talent is the better. for example, you sound pretty good at regular special occasion makeup so why not try special effects and coverup things (you know for skin disorders, burn victims etc.) and do research on what other types there are-ims ure there more than i can think of off the top of my head. start practicing and taking pics on whoever will let you. the more the better. good luck! ive taken several classes for special effects at the community college in my area. i think its great you are so young too, start young and work your foot into the door!

No comments:

Post a Comment