Wednesday, August 18, 2010

How can i make up with my best friend?

I fell out with my best friend t the end of the uni term. I was trying to cheer him up as he was down about the problems that he was suffering at home.





I seemed to be doing a good job until he came said to me at the end of the day and said i had made him feel a lot worse. I then got annoyed at that. it wasn't my intention





He then told me that I was not a real friend and that i was unbelievably sick which hurt a lot.





We then didn't speak for three weeks. I text him saying that What he had said hurt and that i was still annoyed with him for it. He then said that if couldn't accept that he responded as he did because of he was devastated at his life falling apart then he didn't want me as a friend. that was the last we spoke and that is nearly three weeks ago now. Was i being pathetic or a good friend?How can i make up with my best friend?
No, you were not being pathetic.





You really need to find out from him what it was you said that made him feel a lot worse. I can understand you getting annoyed and you hurting when he said you were not a real friend.





When you texted him after 3 weeks saying you were still annoyed that probably reinforced his perception of you as not being a friend.





Rather than showing and expressing your annoyance at the remarks he made about you it would be far better if you could establish the reasons why you made him feel a lot worse and progress things from there. Sometimes just having a person around to listen can be a comfort.





Try to contact him again and explain to him your regret at showing your annoyance with him, that a resolution to his problems are far more important to you and you would like to proceed on this basis. Tell him you really value him as a friend and differences between you should be resolved.How can i make up with my best friend?
You're not being pathetic. :)





Unfortunately we tend to push away the people we care about most when we're down. I know I've done that in te past.





Just be patient and give him time and he;ll come round. Let him know that if he wants to talk you're there for him. :)
I don't know what you said to him, but if you said nothing but good things, then i can only assume your friend is a drama queen. I understand you might miss your friend, but you don't need someone like that in your life.


xx

No comments:

Post a Comment