Wednesday, August 18, 2010

How to make up with an old friend?

I had a guy friend whom I was talking to for a period of time. We had an attraction for one another, but couldn't be together because I just got out of a relationship. Eventually I was the one who was ready and he wasn't ready along with the fact that he moved 6 hrs away. I lost interest and told him I wanted to just remain friends. He was hurt and then got mad when he found out I began dating another guy 2 weeks later. He thought I was secretly seeing the other guy and he wouldn't believe what I told him otherwise. I also got mad at him for writing about what happened between us on his Xanga for all our friends to see, which he denied was ';trash talking';. We got into a huge argument and that last thing I remember him telling me was that I had better do something real big if I still want to be his friend. We haven't talked for 2 yrs since then and part of me wants to salvage our friendship, but I don't know if I even should or if I do, how to approach him. Please help.How to make up with an old friend?
First you need to decide if you really want to keep this relationship between you two. If so, you need to talk to him in person. Invite him out for a cup of coffee, and give him a sincere talk about how you feel and what you would like to happen, and perhaps that you are sorry about what happened between you two. If he won't take time to even hear you out, then he is the wrong guy for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment