Friday, August 20, 2010

Advice on how I can make up with my best friend?

My best friend and I had major fallout little over a year ago. He was an underage heavy drinker who almost got himself into trouble. I told his mother about his drinking. He threaten to hurt me so I had to file a restraining order to protect myself. He became an alcoholic. We were best friends almost five years. We were inseparable. He turns twenty-one on August 10th. The both of us hang together with our friends. We still have not talked at all. Now, he shows no sign of anger or a grudge. I tried to talk to him once and he covered his ears. I miss talking and hanging with my friend a lot. He was like a younger brother to me.Advice on how I can make up with my best friend?
it seems he has also started to realise that u were thinking for his benefit.


i think you should just write down your feelings on a paper.and put some emotional things in it. i m sure he misses u to he jst wnt a good situation to make up things.so write it on a paper and then give him to it with a gift or something on his birthday.hope this would help.Advice on how I can make up with my best friend?
Best to just let it lie as it is.


You did the right thing by getting him help. But it would never be the same again.


Even though you helped him. He will never admit to it.


Even though deep down he knows. It would take too much work to get it back. You would probably almost have to apologize to him for helping him, to become friends again.


There are plenty of other people in the world.


Just move on.
Dont stalk him just call him a few times or send a text. I was planning on saying it will work out over time if you just treat him with respect but im not sure I would wanna be friends with all thats happened...
Man...I know what you're going through. Doing the right thing is a lonely road. But its so worth it.





Your friend needed help and you tried to help him. One day he'll realize that you were a REAL friend. Don't go back and try to undo what you've done. It was the right thing to do. It was the only thing a real friend could do.





You might try telling him how you feel in a card or a letter, but he sounds way too selfish to be a really good friend to you. You deserve to be friends with someone who will be a friend to you. You may have to let him go...





In the future, try just calling friends ';good friends'; instead of best friends. Sometimes we put so much into being ';best'; friends. If every friend you have is good, they are equally important...you value each one for different things. No one person fills every single need you have. That's the cool thing about having several friends.





It still hurts, but...it is what it is...hang in there.

No comments:

Post a Comment