Friday, August 20, 2010

How do I make peace with my ex-best friend/s?

I fell out with my ex-best friend at the beginning of january, we didn't really argue we just stopped hanging out one day we were really close. We never spoke about it ever and no one apologized or whatever (which I really regret I wish I'd said something kind of). So I made friends with her when i started hanging out with her and her group of best friends leaving my older best friends behind. I was with them for about 6 months before I fell out with this girl and went back to old best friends (which was so wrong Of me, should I apologise in case they feel used which they most probably do i'd be surprised if they didn't). But this summer I want to hang out my ex-best friends group with my old best friends (who are my current best friend if that makes sense). I'm still friends with the others I was just out of order as I just left them suddenly. But that won't happen if I don't make peace with my ex best friend.


Shes really sarcastic and laughable about everything so I don't know/feel embarrassed how to apolgise to her. But I don't care if we're not best friends, or even friends, just like an aquaintance ya know? No hard feelings I guess. But how do I make things up with her. its been four months since we were friends so what do I do. Please help xxxHow do I make peace with my ex-best friend/s?
Hi there i am sorry about whats going on.. Making peace with friends following a fight is an important step to maintaining harmonious and happy relations between the two of you. Whether or not you go on to maintain your friendship is a matter for the two of you but it is important to resolve any lasting anger and address it Leave your friend alone for a while. It will make time for both of you to cool off. Also calm yourself off and think about what you want to say to them Call when you're relatively certain that both of you have had ample time to cool off. Be sincere and humble. Apologize for your role in the fight.Make sure to listen carefully to what your friend says. Ready body language and make sure your body language isn't communicating something you don't intend. Situations may not have been as they appeared and there's always room to learn.Do not leave issues unresolved but at the same time know when to take a break. Don't keep pushing for a resolution if its obvious that your friend isn't interested in one. Find a temporary solution and resolve the issue laterTry to lay low for a while, don't start any gossip or anything and do not get involved with any fights or rumors that could damage this friendship more then it is.Also be aware that giving someone time isn't always the best solution. it varies from person to person. Some people, although they try to avoid it, would prefer direct confrontation in order to get the issue resolved.Avoid repetitive use of the word ';you';, it comes off as an attack and will only further insinuate conflict. Don't be defensive. Keep an open mind, despite any strong feelings you may have, its always best to approach a resolution with an open mind. Note your friend's body language, if they're dismissive for most of the time you spend trying to resolve the conflict, take a break. never lie. Lying while trying to make amends is the worst thing possible that you can do. If you did something that they are angry about, apologize for it, really deeply apologize for it, and mean it. Don't try and balance things out between the two of you, it isn't a contest. Both of you have probably done things that have annoyed the other. If you have done something that has offended your friend, accept it, apologize and don't argue with whatever fair retaliation your friend wants. If they want time, give them time, if they want you to keep apologizing, do it. dont appease them and just keep saying 'sorry'. It is still lying to them. if they accuse you of doing something you didn't, tell them. If they say you did something you didn't, tell them you didn't. but dont get angry with them. just stay calm.If your friend has very little reason to be mad at you and you have a big reason to be mad at them just remember to be more mature than your friend. Feeling like the bigger person may even feel better than winning some petty fight. After a you or your friend has not actually cooled off yet. Just calmly admit that more time needs to pass for a truly calm conversation to occur, and walk away, get off the phone, or otherwise end the conversation politely.

No comments:

Post a Comment