Friday, August 20, 2010

How do I go about becoming a make up artist?

I would like to become a make up artist, I'm 17 years old and have one year left of high school which I plan on completing. I'm a guru at make up! I know EVERYTHING there is to know about anything to do with beauty. People tell me I look like a barbie but the truth is, I'm really not that pretty I'm just a master at highlighting features and contouring. Also, I like to make other people look and feel beautiful too. I do all my friends make up and apply hair extensions in their hair, help them colour their hair.


What do I have to do to become a make up artist and what are the qualifications? Thanks for the help!How do I go about becoming a make up artist?
they have schools for it... i think you can get a college degree for it... my modeling ';school'; had make up classes that u could take.. maybe there is one near u... i suggest looking in the phonebook under make up?... sry if this dont work..How do I go about becoming a make up artist?
Cosmetology is one of the career you can choose.


Some colleges have courses on Cosmetology and offer financial aid, just in case you need it. Also you can check with private cosmetology schools.


Do some research online can help you to find a god school.
you start off small atg salons that do makeup and hair and scouts come to those places about every couple months, if you show them your work and they might hire you for a big time place to get discovered
If you have a mall. Many of the larger stores hire people to do clinique or certain types of make up in order to sell the products...This would give you practice anyways. I would contact places like clinique or maxfactor and see what they have to offer.


There are schools available.

No comments:

Post a Comment