Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Should I make up with my best friend? 10pts?

We've been best friends for 10 years, but kinda fell out 6 weeks ago.


Basically my friend has a tendency to tell me how amazingly pretty people think she is, and it annoys me (yes I'm jealous).


Well 6 weeks ago she told me more ';everyone was checking me out'; stories and I sulked, and when we left she said ';you're not going to want to see me ages for now'; and I didn't really contradict her, so we parted awkwardly.


It's now been 6 weeks and she hasn't contacted me.


If I'm perfectly honest I don't want to continue our friendship, because recently being in her company makes me feel like I'm being drained of my happiness, and insecure. But we've been bfs for 10 years and she's going through an unrequited love thing atm, so I feel guilty for feeling this way. We go the same university and same nightclub, so running into her is inevitable.


What should I do? xShould I make up with my best friend? 10pts?
I know it seems a little narcisistic but do whatever is besr for you. If she makes you feel bad that cut your losses and make some new friends, probably ones that accent your personality.


You shouldn't have to compare yourself to your friends.Should I make up with my best friend? 10pts?
I understand completley.I would get sad to if someone was always talking how pretty they are.It`s like all they talk about is THEM THEM THEM.Not anybody else.And it makes you feel like your ugly.But believe me don`t think that.And I bet it makes you feel bad cause it looks better than her.You jsut have to ignore that.And don`t believe it.Get a new friend,that is nice and doesn`t talk about themselfs and is conceited.


Hope this helps!
lol. according to you, she doesn't sound like a very nice person to hang out with, so why should you?


move on with your life, hang with your other friends, or even better, meet new people.
That can always happen in friendship. 10 years is a lot of time. At least try and make-up. Be the better friend. Just let her know you'll be there if she needs anything. Be the better person and you may be rewarded.
I think you might be ';growing out of'; her. Kinda like clothes. You might be tired and bored because there's nothing ';new'; about her. I think you two can still hang out, but just not as much. She might have been telling you about how everyone thought she was gorgeous because it boosted her self confidence. Maybe try not to take that personally, because she might secretly have low self esteem. Try to look at the situation from her eyes, it might help.
First off, I know how you feel. I have a long time friend who is almost perfect. I think the best way to handle the situation is to remember that everyone has good qualities and you need to own yours. If she is irritating you then maybe a break IS in order. When you run into her, a conversation about the issue may come up. If you have been friend with her for this long, you can tactfully tell her how you feel. If after that you don't want to be friends, then don't. There is not any reason to remain friends with someone if you truly don't like them. Just make sure that is how you feel. Good friendships are hard to come by.
She can be happy that she has her looks NOW, because it sounds as if her looks is the only thing she has going for her in her favor at the moment. She is probably jealous that you are the smarter, friendlier, etc. You are OBVIOUSLY more polite than she is !! Just because you have been friends for 10 years doesn't mean you have to remain friends. I believe you have matured much quicker than she has and you are ready to meet new people and have a new best friend. No sense living in someone else's shadow any longer. Branch out and meet new people !!! Don't feel guilty. It was her choice to act like she did. Shake it off and move on, I am certain you will be much happier for doing it !!!!
Frankly, she doesn't really sound like a friend at all. Regardless of whether or not you are jealous, it is pretty tiresome to have to listen to Janie One-Note singing her own praises over and over and over and over again. You don't sound like a ';friend'; so much as an ';audience'; (oh, behold, how wonderful I am! Hear how everyone thinks that!). You are an audience to a really barf-worthy performance. WHAT DOES SHE DO FOR YOU???? I mean, other than keep you company and entertain you by stealing your style? You say yourself, it is like being drained of happiness. This is %26gt;not%26lt; what a friend does. It is ironic that she is going through an unrequited love. (gee, thought EVERYBODY loved her!) To be honest, I think she is insecure - the people who constantly need to toot their own horn usually are - but whatever, it is still a monumental drain to be around them.





I think you've just grown apart. This is a moment for celebration, really. Time to find a person who is a REAL friend, not someone to use you as an audience and a wingwoman. And although you go to the same uni, can't you go to a different club? Time to stake your claim on a whole new you. You are free. I wouldn't contact her, and if you run into her on campus or anyplace else, I would just nod and acknowledge her, but would not seek her out to talk with her.





Good luck; please don't ever spend so much time with someone who does not give as much to you as you give to them.
why don't you just talk to her and tell her it bothers you if you have been friends for ten years she has to care about you enough not to want to make you unhappy as far as you jealousy that's a you think you need to work on that there is always going to be times that guys will find your friends better looking and times they will find you better looking what if the shoe was on the other foot would you want someone to hate you because you look better I have had this same problem every time I made friends they would end up being jealous of me because guys they liked or just guys in general would try to talk to me and not them so I'm sorry but your reaction to your friend really upsets me because I can relate of course I did the opposite from her I always try to down play myself like if someone would tell me I look nice in something I would see that sour look on there faces because no one complamented them so I would say thanks and make up something like I don't think the color looks good on me and I shouldn't have to do that but it's the only way to keep them happy. So realize people like you who are not comfortable in your own skin can make us uncomfortable trying to constantly make you feel better Im sure you tell her when someone likes you it's not her fault it's not as often people can't help what they look like try to remember that.(how would you feel if someone stoped hanging out with you and the only reason was you didn't look good enough treat people how you want to be treated.) again sorry about how long and passionate this answer seems but I really can relate to your friend.
You are the one who is jealous (no offense) so you have to say sorry if you want to. Well, sure you have been bfs for a long time but if you don't feel comfortable about being her bf, you can just say you want to ';break up'; in a nice and understanding way. Tell her the reason nicely and she might understand and be your bf in a new person.


Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment