Wednesday, August 18, 2010

How do I make up with my best friend?

There was this girl who was my best friend since kindergarden. Yeah, we got into the occasional fight (one which lasted us almost a year) but we always made up. This past June, she sent a text message saying we shouldn't be friends anymore. At first I blew it off, thinking I hated her and she wasn't a good friend anyway. But now I really miss her. I ran into her at the store yesterday and she would barely talk to me. I felt really bad and sad, even though I did nothing wrong in this relationship. I want to call her, but I'm too scared. Over the Summer I tried to help by calling her every once in a while, like after her big trip, but she kind of blew me off and didn't say much. If I call her, what should I say? Is there a better way to do this?


-Thanks so much!How do I make up with my best friend?
It doesn't really sound like she's interested in being your friend anymore. I'd say to move on, or at least give her space until she changes her mind. You might be bothering her by calling her. Perhaps if you left her alone for a while, she'd realize how lonely life is without you and try to contact you about it. That's usually how it goes, that they don't know what they have until they lose it. It's some old situation we've all been through. Good luck.How do I make up with my best friend?
I think you should just go up to her at school and honestly ask why she doesn't want to be friends with you anymore. I'm sure that she has her reasons, and no matter what she may say - be the bigger person and apoligize. It will probably save your friendship. Almost the same thing happened to me in 5th grade, and it ruined our relationship for good as well as with another best friend - because she wanted no part in the arguement. Anyways, I wish that I would have apoligized, no matter what the situation, and possibly have saved our friendship. About 5 years later, and I have given up my grudge and we often talk on the bus - but I know we aren't ever going to be close again, and that is kind of sad...
She just randomly said ';we shouldn't be friends anymore';. You must have done something wrong or maybe you just annoy her to much. Give her space.
  • loan officer
  • kick scooter
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment