Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Should I make up with my best friend that I've been fighting with?

Hey everyone!





Well, I have this best friend (or I guess you can just call her my friend now, if were even that) and I have this chance to go pick her up at camp and then spend a couple days with her where she lives. (She lives in a different state, but we were still really, really close)





But I'm worried. See lately I've been feeling really unsure and unsafe around her because my self esteem is just so low around her because of her comments like, ';Your such an idiot.'; I know that maybe she meant it like a joke but sometimes it hurts my feelings and I don't feel that way around any of my other best friends. I also don't like how she called me a follower, (which is strange since I'm usually the leader) and I didn't appreciate that because she shouldn't assume that I can't hold my own and that I need other people to feel whole. (I'm not saying I like being alone but I don't need to follow people AT ALL to feel good about myself. I'm not like that at all) But for some reason around her, I feel small and not myself.





It wasn't always like this though. We used to be so close and she was always there for me like I was for her. When I got dehydrated once, she stayed by me and got my tons of water and stuff like that and kept asking, ';Are you okay?'; again and again. There were so many good times I can remember when I felt safe around her and that I knew that she wanted to be my best friend like I wanted to be hers.





Now, it's like I'm the only one trying to keep our friendship. And a couple weeks ago, I gave up and let time go by with no talking to her. She only called because (while she was in my state) she didn't want to stay with her mom who was at work.





Some part of me wants to go and tell her about everything thats been bothering me and tell her that I want to be best friends again but I don't know. I think me becoming too caught u in school work and finding the true best friends and her becoming caught up in being popular and having boyfriends has really separated us.





Do you think I should go pick her up from camp and spend a couple days with her?





Thank you for reading this. I know it was loonggg! :)Should I make up with my best friend that I've been fighting with?
Go and spend a couple of days with her. If she says your an idiot or something that bothers you tell her to stop. If she says it again tell her to stop but at that point you'll know that she doesn't respect you. And if you can't act like yourself around her that means you don't think she is a good friend. At the last day you spend with her try telling her that it bothers you of what she says. I doubt she is going to change but its worth a shot to see if she does!Should I make up with my best friend that I've been fighting with?
Wow...you lost me at the first sentence my attention span is NOT that long.





Make up with your friend...life is too short.
that was long.. and not very interesting... couldn't you have livened it up a bit? to answer your question no i think you should leave her alone, she sounds like a ***** to me.
no
I think you're overreacting a bit, you can tell her you don't like the idiot comments but that's what friends do. My friends and I call each other idiots all the time.
yeah, just tell her how you feel at first it sounded like she is mean but later i was not so sure anymore.


tell her how you feel and that you want to be her friend i can only say there is no harm in trying, if it doesnt work out you can never blame yourself for not trying
You should be honest with her and let her know how you feel. It doesn't sound like she's trying to hurt you or your feelings. It just sounds like she has a really strong personality and she a ';tell it like it is'; type chick. I don't think she means any ill will. If she's your friend, she will hear you out. Just sit down and talk with her. You should def go to camp, but only if you want to. Good luck!!
Confront her about it, it will do good. See what she says - maybe she's having some problems of her own and putting you down makes her feel better about it. Just talk to her, and sort it out. I'm sure she's not doing it on purpose, or she just doesn't realise, if you were that close beforehand.





If she's just being a jerk, and consciously knows that she's hurting you and your feelings, then just forget about her - she's not worth your friendship, and you may drift apart anyway as you get older because she does live far away.





No body is worth your tears, and the one who is won't make you cry.





Good luck, and I hope you can sort something out.


X
Well depends..... Just go see if she is still being mean and if she is just ditch her later after you leave cause if she still is going to be like that it's not worth the time trying to fix it.
sorry i have a squirrels attention span but i would say yes
i think you should always true and save a friendship if there is a chance. i'm sure she doesn't realise that she's hurting you by the things she's saying so just tell her how you feel in a nice way and i'm sure you guys will be fine in no time! but if that doesn't work.. well then, you just have to let go. maybe it's for a reason

No comments:

Post a Comment